Quarterly Activities Report to 30 June 2020
• Extensive drilling activity continued across three projects in South Korea with a company-high 2,723.97m of diamond drilling completed by Southern Gold.
• Aphae Project (SAU 100%): completed 720.46m of diamond drilling in 4 holes with mineralised breccia intersected in every hole. Assays pending.
• Deokon Project (SAU 100%): completed 773.02m of diamond drilling in three holes (and a fourth commenced) at the ‘Shin Hill’ prospect with quartz-sulphide-carbonate veining and flood breccia (lode) mineralisation intersected down-dip of the historical workings. Assays pending.
• Beopseongpo Project (SAU 100%): completed 1,230.49m of diamond drilling in 5 holes at ‘Hand of Faith’ and ‘Spider’ prospects. Peak assay received was 0.24m @ 1.71g/t gold at ‘Hand of Faith’ with the project ranking being downgraded.
• Regulatory approvals to drill at depth at Weolyu Project (SAU 100%) are now well advanced with drill program planning and logistics for Q1 FY21 completed, including a diamond drill programme at the Dokcheon Project (SAU 100%).
• New target area close to the operating Eunsan Gold Mine, Jangwhal Project (SAU 100%), now secured with tenement applications.
• The CEO of AIM listed resources investment specialist Metal Tiger PLC, Mr Michael McNeilly, was appointed to the Southern Gold board.
Please download the Quarterly Activities Report & Appendix 5B via the link below: