SOUTHERN GOLD APPOINTS SENIOR RESOURCE EXECUTIVE AS CEO & MANAGING DIRECTOR
● Southern Gold appoints highly experienced resource executive as CEO & Managing Director, leveraging the Company’s management and exploration expertise to drive Company strategy.
● Mr Smillie has extensive global senior experience in management and exploration and in particular in Asia having previously worked for Ok Tedi Mining in Papua New Guinea, the National Petroleum and Mining Authority in Timor-Leste and Calibre Mining in Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and Vanuatu.
● Mr Smillie has been Southern Golds Exploration Manager since 5th July 2021 and will transition to CEO & Managing Director effective from Monday 9th May 2022.
● Mr Smillie’s position will complement the role of highly experienced Chief Geologist Scott Randall, both based in South Korea.
● South Korea continues as Southern Gold’s primary focus and seeks to expand project and country focus extended to Australia by seeking a new strategic investment / project prospects for Gold and Copper.
To read the complete announcement please open the below link.